About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Loomatics! Or would that be Bead-o-holics?

From left to right: Diana, Tamaya, Sharon, Linda and Liz

What started out as a loom study group has turned into a group of Loomatics!! We are going on three years (oh, geesh, is it four?) of meeting one Friday a month in Dearborn Heights. At recent meetings, we have worked on our quilt squares, bead crochet, bead embroidery, bracelets, necklaces, and completed projects that were begun in Bead Daze classes.

Because we meet in homes, it's hard to have more than 5-6 people around the dining room table at one time, so the group is a small one. We bead, laugh, cry, watch the dog perform tricks for us, and get to know each other pretty well.

Next time you look through your guild member directory, why not call or email some of the members in your area and see if they are willing to meet? Mention it to people that you see at the meetings – open your home and your bead box to new friends. Find out if your local library has a public room that you can use for a small fee (and everyone will share in this cost) or for free. We have the same love of beads holding us all together.
My husband loves it when the group is going to meet because he knows that I will stop beading long enough to clean the house!

2 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

I think that would be both! "Loomatics and Bead-o-holics. My friend Sally and I and get together to bead a couple of times a month. I enjoy the beading and sharing. Thanks for sharing your group of beaders.
I can't wait to hear about the fun you had at the Bead and Button Show.
Bev

Annora said...

I am looking for Karen Pfundtner and her group Loom-A-Tic Workshop.She lives in Snconto,Wis.
Thanks for any help.Annorah