About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Newest Piece of Insanity


Ahhhh, a most relaxing week was spent in West Branch, Michigan. Do a search, not a whole lot there in the thriving metropolis. We stayed at a campground about 5 miles from "town" (But surely it's a town, it has at least 5 traffic lights now, a Home Depot, Tractor Supply Company, outlet mall and a Walmart) - with a view of the lake from our camper door. The dogs didn't mind their jail, which was appreciated. The temperatures hovered around the mid-ninties for most of the week - one day of rain.

I actually came back with a tan - and darker than the Egyptian in our program (thank you Dr. Youssef for putting up with my silliness). Gotta keep those dermatologists in business. (Hmmmm, does this piece need another scarab in it???)

But, I started on the above piece. I'll leave it for now for you to discover the secrets of the piece and what it says to you. I know what it says to me.

It says "It was too freaking* hot - like Africa." Stayed tuned for more announcements.
*Edited because I believe that the whole world doesn't need to know that I have a serious case of potty mouth.

2 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

WOW Liz I better get busy on a collar. You and red are going to have everyone staring at your chest to see those beautiful beaded collars! It is a spectacular piece of beadart in the making.

debb said...

wonderful new piece... you are really a talent in bead embroidery... too bad it was so hot while camping hope the lake kept your tootsies cool