About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Religious Icons - Second Piece


This is my newest work "ohm" - right here it has about 28 hours of beading in it. The beads are all size 11 seed beads, with an occasional size 15 in to fill in the spots that an 11 won't fit. I am working on a different background than I have on a couple of my other pieces - almost a basketweave texture. Working with the silver lined gold beads is a little hard on the eyes because they reflect so much light. I hope the finished affect is what I would like it to be. I do like the way that the reds have blended together in the piece.
The second picture has about 38 hours of beading in it - the background is going to take a long time. But that's about all I have to do is bead right?
I have the background of my next piece in Religious Icons which is a Star of David. I have it cut out and ready to start beading , I need to think about what colours I want it. And I am still researching what kind of a cross to use: Celtic Cross, Orthodox, Coptic? So many choices, and all so beautiful in their own way.

No comments: