About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Friday, June 10, 2005

This picture confuses me. How on earth would you "disturb" petrified wood? Shake it and wake it up?? Yell and scream and call it names ("You are just laying there like a bump on a log!")? I still don't know exactly what this means. But it's a great sign - one of those that don't make sense. Like "Warning, Men at work" - you never see a sign saying "Warning, Women at work" - those signs would take over the planet.

Week #22 at weight watchers: I lost 4.2 pounds and have a 5 month total loss of 36.6 pounds. That's about 1/3 of the way to my goal. This was my second largest drop for the year. It's weeks like this that make it all worthwhile. That and the fact that almost nothing in my wardrobe fits - I've bagged up 4 bags of clothes to give to another person who is getting into the sizes that I have just left. It's been a slow journey in some respects, but a fast one when I just sit and think about it. I've been on a "diet" - I hate that word - since January and I haven't had to eat cottage cheese. And I like cottage cheese. It really shows that if you work the WW program, it works. And it works well.

1 comment:

debb said...

congrats on the continued loss!

getting healthy & staying that way is a bit of work, a good habit to have & one to keep up

you are an inspiration!