About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Monday, February 21, 2005

It wasn't nearly as rough as I thought that it would be. Eating correctly isn't hard, it's just that you have to almost constantly think about it. Some of the things that have helped me are:

  • Not eating from the box or bag. Take out the correct amount and put the bag away. It's pretty simple when you think about it.
    Drink water - plenty and plenty of water. This means a mug of coffee (who drinks a "cup" anymore?) then a glass of water. Keep water everywhere around you. Then you will grab it.
    Exercise - who really wants to do it? Unless you are one of those geeks that loves to exercise, do we love it? Nooooooo - and I don't have a pocket protector for my shirts either!!! But I found a mini surround sound system on clearance at a CVS store (I know, that means that it is top quality, nicht wahr?), it's hooked up to a television set in the basement and I have been watching the Sopranos on it. Put in a good DVD for an hour and I can walk and walk and walk and walk!!

Something is working - I don't really care what - it just is. From January 13 to February 17 - I have lost 14.2 pounds. Rock on.

No comments: