About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Friday, April 22, 2005

We are off for the west!


This picture was taken in Korea in October 1999. I know that I am in at least one size smaller pant now, so when I return from my vacation, I will post another picture to see if there is a real visual or if it's just a fig-newton of my imagination, especially since that vest is making the trip (I love that vest, one of the doctors that I used to work with brought it back from India for me). I also promise that I won't wear white socks with anything but sneakers or Birkenstocks and never with shorter pants. Gods, what a geek!

Our flight leaves DTW at 7:35 this evening. We arrive in Vegas at 9pm and pick up our rental car and find a somewhere for dinner and a motel. Since we are just staying for the night, cheap is a good thing.

Saturday, we hope to get through the Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire State Park, Lake Mead National Rec Area and into the Hoover Dam area (I just wrote Hoover Damn!!). On Sunday, the drive across the strangely beautiful desert of Arizona to the Grand Canyon! We hope to see several Native American/First Nation/Indian/Aboriginal (thanks Martiena, am I missing any designations?) sites - we have then all placed out on our maps and highlighted where they are and why they are famous!!

I can't wait to get to the Phoenix area to see my internet friend Crystal! We have been corresponding via email and with our groups for YEARS and it's about time that we met.

Off to the lands of sands, scorpians and sins!!!

P.S. Weigh in this week was down another 2.6 pounds for a total lost, since January 13, 2005 of 28 pounds. I am officially down a skirt and pant size, and have even found t-shirts that fit in an "L" - not XL. Also, I have gone through the closet and cleaned out 80% of the clothes that I don't fit any longer. I am giving them away, donating, anything to have them out of my closet - especially if I don't wear them any longer. It doesn't make sense to keep items that I don't use.

No comments: