About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Friday, March 24, 2006

It's my birthday!

And getting old sucks. Although the alternative really sucks, too.

Diagnosed with high blood pressure, meniscal tear and cyst on the right knee, and peridontal disease - I learned that I have all of them this week. Fortunately, they all should respond to treatment.

So I will just do what I need to do, take care of this body, because it's the only body that I have. And I will dream of my cruise which leaves in 1 1/2 weeks.

Below is a preview of my next piece of bead embroidery. I received this picture from my friend, Bev. Something about it just spoke to me. I enlarged the picture on the copier machine to about 167% (or so), copied it to my piece of pellon for embroidery. I simplified some of the lines as on this piece, there would be lines of just one colour and lots of black on it. It's been drawn, and it just waiting for "Phases of the Moose" to be completed. Perhaps I'll have a chance on my cruise to start this..... It's a very Incan/Mayan design, but I can see an Oriental/Asian twist on this.

No comments: