About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The story of Buzzards


Ah, the story about the buzzards. We certainly have been around the block several times, haven't we girls (or should that be ladies)? Many of us started on an internet group at BeadTalk - which I occasionally still post at. Then many of us moved on to a Yahoo group called "For Beadin_Desires." I believe that it had to do with jokes that weren't related to why we were supposed to post at BeadTalk. That always confused me that jokes weren't bead related, but prayer requests were. But, I digress.

Due to circumstances beyond our control and angry emails back and forth, we formed another group of Bitchen Biker Turkey Buzzard Beadin Babes. And many of the core group remain to this day. We have some great nicknames which are not dubbings (this is important for some reason. These are bequeaths of royalty. And some need some work. Very different, very regal, very confusing.

Crystal - Countess Crystal, Gazing Crystal Seer of the ForBeadin realm

Audrey - Lady Audrey, Nahani Warrior Woman Crone of the Wolf Pack in the Snow belt of the ForBeadin realm

Liz - Baronessa Alces Alces, Wild Realm of the North Urban Population area of the ForBeadin realm

Aim - Goddess of the Starseekers of the ForBeadin realm

Nikia - Queen of the Cosmos (a small parsonage near the Southwest border of the realm) of the ForBeadin realm

Annie - Duchess of the Western Realm and Goddess of Family and Peace of the ForBeadin realm

Sharon - Warrior of Wire and Youthful Crone of Copper of the ForBeadin realm

Kat - Baronessa Midnight Kat of the ForBeadin realm

Sharon - Multi-named/personality(?) Bar Belly Dancin' Ileea Karima from a duchy north of the border of the ForBeadin Realm

The one for Miki, which is sad because Miki passed away the spring of 2005 Miki - Her MOST Royal Highness, Queen of the World, and Empress of the Beads who doesn't do company cleaning any longer of the ForBeadin realm

These women/girls/ladies are all considered my friends, even though I haven't met all of them. I believe it's like the connection with Kevin Bacon - we have all met someone who knows someone who has met the others. Annie, Bev, Debb and Gene, Kerry, Ava, Kat, Sharon (both of you), Barb, Annette, Audrey, Crystal, Nikia - we are the Turkey Buzzard Beading babes - and I love each of you!!

1 comment:

debb said...

the buzzards are a fine bunch of folks... thank you all for being my dearest & best friends