About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I am still living in the area, although I spent 3 years in Germany (Stuttgart). Fighting the age long battle against the bulge. Some days I am winning, some days the bulge is winning. I hang out with my dogs (three toy fox terrierists) and husband.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bead Cruise 2007





Here is the group in all their glory posing for the ship's photographer. This was very, very nice. We were organized by the photographer or by importance. It's either the taller in the back or the short people in the front. I'm still not certain.

Here is Bev Herman, one of the (in)famous Beadin' Buzzards and I relaxing before dinner or trips or something. Also, a picture of my husband and I as we left the ship in Cozumel. We were a little disappointed that our tour was cancelled, but we had a nice time walking through town, shopping and running into other beaders. We sat down for lunch and when I turned around to look around the patio, there they were! Yummy cocktails at this place! Alan and I bought some Mexican blankets; one is hanging by the front door, and the other I might make into pillows. But I might not either!




We landed the next day at Costa Maya - basically just a tourist town on the beach. Alan, Maggie, Sharon and I had signed up for the Chacchoban Mayan Ruin tour - an hour bus ride through the swamps, jungle and small villages (no shops, no gas stations, nothing!!!) to the ruins. They exceeded all of our expectations. I really enjoyed it. It was hot, it was humid, it was lots of stairs and walking and it was breathtaking. Going on a tour to see the Mayan ruins was the one thing that Alan really wanted to do, and I am glad that we were able to do this.

Beading? Oh, yes, we still beaded on the cruise this year. Lots of beading took place.

3 comments:

gians said...

Hello, my name is Gians.
Beautifull imagine in this blog i am Italian blogger, visit my site.
http://100e500mhz.blogspot.com/search?q=

Ciao

The Lone Beader® said...

Maybe someday I will go on a bead cruise=:)

The bad Liz said...

Diana - if you get much more famous, we might have to get you as a teacher on the bead cruise. I loved reading your travel-blog. Even though I have been home for many, many years - I still miss Germany. If I was single, I might have married to stay there......